Monday, September 10, 2007

Oprah

So the highlight of my trip was definitely my nephew's wedding. It was really beautiful and probably the most meaningful ceremony I have ever witnessed. Meeting Wendy, one of my Maya's Mom friends, was great. She has a beautiful family. My pals from LI, Marilyn and Barbara, met me in Chicago on Monday and we spent the day at the pool at the East Bank Club. It was a very shi shi club, and we loved it!!!! Thanks Wendy!! Oprah... we decided that we wanted to be in line by 5:30am. We woke up at 3am and was in the car at 5am. We gave ourselves 30 minutes to get lost, and we did! 30 minutes was perfect because we stepped into line at exactly 5:30am. There was already 4 people in line when we got there. The whole process was a hurry up and wait thing. When we were finally brought into the studio, we got nice seats in the center sections. NOTE: if you go to Oprah and you want to sit in the front, wear light, bright colors. Yellow, Pink, Peach, Light Blue. The staff will pluck you out of line and seat you in the front. We were hoping for a really great, upbeat show. It was all about being bi-polar. ARGH!!!!!!!! It was so sad in the beginning. Then they had Sonny from All My Children on via satellite to talk about his bi-polarism and how they wrote it into the soap story line. Jennifer Lewis as the next guest. She's a comedian. She was actually really funny. The highlight of my day at the Oprah show was looking over at my pals at one point during the taping and finding both of them SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it! All in all it was a good trip. Now I can say "I've been to the Oprah show"

No comments: