Friday, July 6, 2007

Family Update

It's been a long time since my last post. I'm just kind of lost with this whole blog thing. I know now that I have to post more often, so here it is.

My granddaughter is now 4 months old. She is like the fountain of youth to me. I get her in my arms and I melt. I just want to sniff and nibble her. Is that weird. Tara and Alan are struggling a bit financially since Natalie was born, but they will find their way. We all do.

I'm really torn about my son graduating. YES, HE DID IT! Now I'm worried about his future. We think about it when they are babies, but then the time passes and now it's a reality. He's not a "student". I can't see him staying in college. I feel like I'm not giving him enough credit, but I feel like I should have been wearing a cap and gown and walking with him. I feel like I've been pushing him uphill for the past 8 years. Heck, I bought myself a tassel for my car. He is going to NYC next week to apply for the stage hands union. He is excited about it. If he gets in, I would be happy too.

Marissa is bored already. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She needs to find a job for the summer to keep her busy. She has a wonderful girlfriend that she spends a lot of time with, and I'm glad about that. I wish we lived closer to the beach or a town pool. With Joe and I working, there is nobody to take her places. Ask her brother you say????? Ya right! His car is dead anyway.

I'm heading out to San Francisco next week for 6 days. Don't get too excited... it's work. When I get back, I have to start planning our trip to Turks and Caicos; the trip they gave me when I was on The View. Oooops there... I said it.

1 comment:

Lynda Lippin said...

You will adore it here in Turks & Caicos. Feel free to ask me about restaurants, resorts, activities... And I am available for pilates & reiki :-)

Lynda
Pilates & Reiki In Paradise Website
Pilates & Reiki In Paradise Blog

Free Ebook-Eliminate Back Pain and Find True Core Strength WITH 6 SIMPLE EXERCISES