Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yikes...I can't keep up!!!

It seems like forever since I last updated this blog. So much has gone on, and there is so much to tell. I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first.

I made a trip to CA for my grandfather's memorial. He passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 89. He was a retired Lt. Col in the USAF and lived his final days in Palm Springs. Aside from the sad occasion, it was really great seeing my entire family all at once. My mother was caring for him and handled all of his affairs. It took a toll but she is bouncing back.

4 days after I returned from CA, my mother-in-law passed away at the age of 71. There was a 2 day wake and the funeral on the 3rd day. She was much loved by many which was appahrant by all of the guests, flowers and cards. She was ready and wanted to be with her husband.

Now for the not so bad stuff... Can you believe that my grandbaby turned 1 already. It seems like the days are just flying by way too quickly. Tara and Alan are doing fine and are great parents. Joseph isn't going to school anymore. He hated it!!!! He's working at a gym for now. We'll see what happens. Marissa is loving her cosmotolgy class and is taking a college course 2 nights a week at a local university. She's a good girl. Joe is working through his grief. Hopefully this will change his outlook on life and realize that life is too short to waste on anger and nonsense. As for me, if it wasn't for my job, the band, and my girlfriends, I don't know what I would do. Of course my family is my main source of happiness, but it's the other stuff that rounds me out.

So there it is. Have a fab day!!!